The Olathe Public Schools Foundation, founded in 1997, is a non-profit, volunteer-based organization providing grants, scholarships and recognitions for the teachers and students of the Olathe School District. The Foundation brings students, parents, alumni, small businesses and corporations together to create opportunities to support continued excellence in Olathe schools. The Foundation works to build supportive relationships between our schools and the business community through many cooperative events and programs. Since 1997, the Foundation has provided over $4 million in support to Olathe school staff and students. The Foundation has assets in excess of $1.8 million dollars and has an annual operating budget of $500,000.
The Foundation is managed by a staff of four professionals and a board of directors consisting of 24 community volunteers. They work with corporate sponsors and individual donors who wish to establish or contribute to programs through ongoing sponsorships, annual pledges, one-time gifts, lifetime gifts, or legacy gifts.
How We Can Help You and You Can Help Olathe Kids!
- Nominate an excellent educator to receive a $500 unrestricted grant.
- Nominate a para, secretary, custodian or other school staff member for the Classified Employee Excellence Recognition Award (CEERA)
- Check out our Foundation scholarships.
- Get involved and support a classroom grant.
- Donate to the Wimmer Student Care Fund and help a child in need get back in the classroom, ready to learn.
- Purchase a discount card and get great buy-one-get-one-free offers at local restaurants.
- Support the A.L.L. Fund.
- Apply for a classroom grant for your innovative idea.
- Nominate a colleague who is an excellent educator or perhaps a classified staff member for the CEERA.
- Make a staff campaign donation.
- Donate to the Wimmer Student Care Fund or the A.L.L. Fund.
- Sponsor one of our events such as the Annual Autumn Breakfast
where the superintendent delivers the State of the District address.
- Sponsor the OPSF Golf Classic and spend a day with area business people and district administrators.
- Conduct a school supply drive at your area business.
- Be a partner in education by supporting Foundation programming with an annual contribution.
- Volunteer to serve on our board or on one of our committees.
- Establish a legacy scholarship or a memorial fund through planned giving.
- Make a tribute gift for a birthday, teacher appreciation, graduation, holiday or other occasion.
Mission: Connecting financial and volunteer resources to the Olathe District Schools to recognize and enhance educational excellence.
Vision: Broadening our community of support . . . building on our tradition of educational excellence.