The Osborne Society is named for the Olathe Public Schools Foundation’s first planned gift donor, R. R. Osborne. Mr. Osborne bequeathed to the OPSF a gift of $500,000 to establish the R.R. Osborne Scholarship for graduating seniors pursuing a degree in medicine, education or business.
Mr. Osborne thought education was essential to the improvement of a progressing community and he was a tireless supporter of Olathe schools.
Members of the Osborne Society have expressed their commitment to the Olathe Public Schools Foundation through a very special and important form of financial support.
These donors have named the Olathe Public Schools Foundation as the ultimate beneficiary of a planned gift. Such gifts might include a bequest and/or charitable income gifts, such as charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder unitrusts, charitable remainder annuity trusts, or gifts of life insurance.
These gifts support Olathe students through establishing endowed funds for scholarships and classroom grants, curriculum enhancement or support for teacher development.
Once you complete your estate plans, please let us know. We would like to thank you for your generosity by including you in The Osborne Society.
Membership Guidelines and Benefits
Your membership involves no dues, obligations, or solicitations. It does allow us to thank you and recognize you for the plans you have made, and it may inspire generosity in others.
Qualifying Donors and Gift Criteria:
Individuals and/or couples who have:
- Informed Olathe Public Schools Foundation of their plan to make a bequest to benefit Olathe students through their will or living trust;
- Informed Olathe Public Schools Foundation that they have designated in writing the OPSF as a beneficiary of a retirement plan or life insurance policy;
- Established a charitable gift annuity, charitable remainder trust or charitable lead trust to benefit Olathe Public Schools Foundation;
- Made a gift of a paid-up or in-force life insurance policy with full ownership rights to Olathe Public Schools Foundation.
General Member Benefits:
- Invitations to the Osborne Society’s annual appreciation gathering and other Osborne Society events;
- Invitations to the State of the District Address given by the Olathe Public Schools Superintendent and other events;
- Access to the Executive Director for confidential gift planning consultations.