The Olathe Public Schools Foundation Classroom Grant program helps support innovative and need-based programs in Olathe schools. This week the Foundation awarded more than $37,000 for 22 programs at every level of learning (early childhood through high school). These funds are the second round of grants dispersed during the school year and are part of the Foundation’s annual $100,000 grant program.
Cycle 2 grants helped fund a wide range of needs and ideas including STEM learning for preschool students, alternative learning programs, support for English language learners, hydroponics and more. See below for a complete list.
Special thanks to all of the teachers who took time out of their busy schedules to identify a need and write a grant to address that need. Special thanks also go to the Kohler and Tucker families for supporting individual classroom grants this cycle.
Applications are now being accepted for Cycle III classroom grants – learn more and apply here.
2018-19 Cycle 2 Classroom Grants
- Extreme Makeover - Library Edition, Michael McGuire, Prairie Learning Center
- Center Based Resource Sensory Path Hallway, Angela Holtgraves, Olathe West High School
- For the Love of Literacy: Creating Student-Led Literature Circles Using Student-Selected Texts to Close Achievement Gaps, Chelsea Praeuner and Tim Denniston, Ridgeview Elementary
- BREAKOUT in the Library! Patty Charlesworth, Oregon Trail Middle School
- Building Better Bilingual Brains, Dana Spoor, Rolling Ridge Elementary School
- Growing Sustainable Produce and Students, Erin McGraw and Allison Sears, Summit Trail Middle School
- A Drum for Everyone, Brad Feagan, Mahaffie Elementary
- Innovative Classroom - Extended Learning Grant - for Hydroponics Kit and Supplies, Tracey Burhenn and Angela Kivett, Central Elementary School
- 3-D Printing for Project Based Learning, Mike Wolgast, Chisholm Trail Middle School
- The Entrepreneurial Spirit, Rebecca Reyes, Olathe South High School
- Stinkin' Kindness, Mike Wiley and Sherry Wann, California Trail Middle School
- Joe on the Go by FOCUS Students, Kelli Barney, Mill Creek Campus
- A Cultural Night at Olathe West, Ailiana Garcia, Olathe West High School
- Reaching ALL Readers, Jamie Van Scyoc, Woodland Elementary
- Exploring STEM in Early Childhood, Kimberly Buenger, Harmony Early Childhood Center
- New Books! Sandra D. Evans, Oregon Trail Middle School
- Oregon Trail Middle School Science Olympiad, Jon McDaniel, Oregon Trail Middle School
- Meeting Students Where They Are, Cathy Phillips, Indian Trail Middle School
- SNAG Golf for All Schools, Becky Keely, District-wide
- Water Bottle Refilling Station for Superior Learning, Dana Hinds and Ann Warren, Central Elementary School