The Olathe Public Schools Foundation Classroom Grant program changes schools for the better, one program at a time. Whether it’s for new men’s choir uniforms, tools to help students apply math concepts with real-life examples, or adaptive play equipment for our youngest students – these grants are changing the way students learn.
This week Foundation staff and board members surprised 23 teachers in 13 different buildings with more than $43,700 in classroom grants. These funds are the first round of grants dispersed during the school year and are part of the Foundation’s yearly $100,000 grant program.
Special thanks go to all of the teachers who took time out of their busy schedules to identify a need and write a grant to address that need.
Special thanks also go to donors John and Katie Kohler for supporting two Title I classroom grants during this cycle.
Applications are now being accepted for Cycle II classroom grants – learn more and apply here.
2018-19 Cycle I Classroom Grants
- MAXimize our English Language Learning with MobyMax - Central Elementary School - Hillary Cole – Funded by the Kohler Family Fund
- Developing Executive Function Skills in Early Childhood Students - Heartland Early Childhood Center - Cara Eckstein
- Media Center Learning Hub - Indian Trail Middle School - Kathryn Leo
- Design IT and 3D Print IT - Indian Trail Middle School - Kari Shamet
- Accessible Play for All Students - IRC - Jacob Wolf
- STEAM Exploration Initiative - Madison Place Elementary School - Susan Wegman
- Fixing Small Problems & Letting Them Get Messy! - Mill Creek Campus - Robyn Miller
- Geometry, Fabrication & Customization - OATC - Ian Higgs
- MKM Rollers - Olathe Northwest High School - Tim Barnes
- Welcome to the Jungle - Olathe Northwest High School - Abbey Thomas
- Resin Casting: Resin or Not Here We Pour - Olathe Northwest High School - Lisa Hirsch
- Cool Calming Room – 5 Olathe High Schools - Tandy Braden, Kim Hanson, Melissa Jaegers and Mendy Hutson
- Diverse Books: Windows and Mirrors - Olathe West High School - Bonnie Butell-Huntoon
- Hands on: Creating Learning That's STRONG - Oregon Trail Middle School - Jessica Sadler
- Belkin Tablet Stage Stand - Oregon Trail Middle School - Donna Chapman
- FACS is SEW Cutting Edge - Oregon Trail Middle School - Mallory Evans
- Uniforms for OT Pride - Oregon Trail Middle School - Beth Nelson
- ROAR Store Grant - Oregon Trail Middle School - Donna Chapman and Janet Glassman
- Culinary Supplies - Oregon Trail Middle School - Mollie Cooper
- Geometry Construction - Prairie Learning Center - Steven James
- Why Throw a Chair, When You Can Throw Love! - Prairie Learning Center - Joseph Diefendorf
- Hungry Hungry KIDDOS! - Prairie Learning Center - Dina Lockwood
- Sensory Room - Rolling Ridge Elementary School - Hope Johnson - Funded by the Kohler Family Fund